1) Manicure/Pedicure: I am terrible at manicures and pedicures. Yes, I will paint my nails, but I'm not very good at it. Especially, when I'm painting my right hand. It looks like a boy did it. I also will paint my toe nails if I planning on wearing open toe shoes, but that's it. I have NEVER had a professional manicure or pedicure. And I don't plan on it. I don't think it's worth the money and I am extremely ticklish on my feet. I imagine myself kicking the manicurist in the face.
2) Winged top lid eyeliner: No matter what I do, I can never get both eyes to look alike. I have tried pencil liner, liquid and gel. I do find that gel is easier to work with, but my eyes still look like sisters instead of twins. I will get one eye to look PERFECT and then when I try to get the other wing to look the same, doesn't happen. I spend 20 minutes in the mirror with a q tip and liner trying to make it look somewhat the same. I have accepted the fact that I will always suck at this. As long as it looks good from far away, we are good.
3) Doing my hair: This is more a laziness factor, then a skill factor. I can straighten my hair, no problem. What I suck at is taking the 15 minutes to actually do it. I did straighten my hair twice last week (go me!!), but that was the first time in MONTHS. I always use the excuse that I am "giving my hair a break from heat styling" when I don't do it. Most days, I just brush it and put in ponytail.
4) Curling my hair: Now this is definitely a SKILL issue. I have never been able to curly my hair properly. The last time I remember curling my hair was like 7 years ago. I will post a picture below.
If I remember correctly, I used a TON of hairspray and the back DID NOT look good. Usually, when I curl my hair, either it looks weird because of the clamp or the curl will last for about an hour before it falls. I just now avoid any kind of "curly" hair styles and stick with my flat iron.
5) Washing my make-up brushes: I SUCK at this soooooo bad. I usually don't wash them till I look at them and they GROSS ME OUT. I did finally wash them last night, which I think is the first time for 2013. LOL I know it's bad and disgusting, but I just am lazy.
6) Doing my eyebrows: I am horrible at keeping up with grooming my eyebrows. Now, let's be mistaken, I do not have crazy hairy man eyebrows. I just take awhile to sit down and pluck them. I have naturally arched eyebrows, so they don't take much, but I am pretty bad at keeping up with them.
7) Waterline and tight line: I have never been able to line my waterline or my tight line. Trust me, I have tried. My eyes are way too sensitive (I have eye allergies), what when I do try to line, my eye burns, I blink or my eye starts watering excessively. This too, I have accepted is NEVER going to happen for me.
I hope you guys enjoyed this blog. Comment below with the things you suck at beauty wise. I will link below some of my YouTube Beauty Things I Suck At videos.
JennaMarbles <--This one is a Things I Suck At in general, but she does mention make-up etc.
Hope all is well.
Love,
Kristina

I am not good at beauty ANYTHING. I am mostly a tomboy and try to find a happy medium there and still look like a lady. I am pretty good with hair and that is about it. I think any advice is helpful to me. Love you Krisse and you do a greaty job beautifying yourself :)
ReplyDelete